Editor-in-Chief: Alan David Kaye, MD, PhD
Managing Editor: Bert Fellows, MA
Pain Physician is the official publication of the American Society of Interventional
Pain Physicians (ASIPP). The open access journal is published 6 times a year.
Pain Physician is a peer-reviewed, multi-disciplinary, open access journal
written by and directed to an audience of interventional pain physicians,
clinicians and basic scientists with an interest in interventional pain
management and pain medicine.
Pain Physician presents the latest studies, research, and information vital to those in the emerging specialty of interventional pain management – and critical to the people they serve.
Epidural Guidelines Facet Joint Guidelines IPM Guidelines Regenerative Medicine Guidelines OPIOID Guidelines Risk Stratification Guideline Antithrombotic Guidelines Sedation Guidelines Triaging Guideline BMC Therapy Position Statement
Current issue highlights: (November 2023, Volume 26, Issue 7)
- Compliance and Documentation for Evaluation and Management Services in Interventional Pain Management Practice
Laxmaiah Manchikanti, MD, Mahendra R. Sanapati, MD, Vidyasagar Pampati, MSc, and Joshua A. Hirsch, MD.
- Radiofrequency Ablation’s Effectiveness for Treating Abdominal and Thoracic Chronic Pain Syndromes: A Systematic Review of the Current Literature
Benjamin Vachirakorntong, BS, Eric Kawana, BS, Vladislav Pavlovich Zhitny, MD, Brian J. Mendelson, MD, Brandon Esenther, MD, Adam J. Goodman, MD, and Ryan T. Gualtier, MD.
- Hemodynamic Influences of Remimazolam Versus Propofol During the Induction Period of General Anesthesia: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials
Xilin Peng, MM, Congqi Liu, MM, Yihao Zhu, MM, Ling Peng, MD, Xueguang Zhang, MM, Wei Wei, MD, and Tao Zhu, MD.
- Diet Composition’s Effect on Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain: A Narrative Review
Mark Kurapatti, BS, and Dominic Carreira, MD.
- The Use of Telemedicine in Outpatient Pain Management: A Scoping Review
Michael Hill-Oliva, AB, Kelvin K. Ampen-Darko, MD, Paul Shekane, MD, Samantha Walsh, MLS, MA, Samuel DeMaria, MD, Jonathan Gal, MD, and Alopi Patel, MD.
- Biologics in Interventional Spinal Procedure: The Past, the Present, and the Vision
Annu Navani, MD.
- Comparison of the Low Back Pain Relief and Spread Level After Upper and Lower Lumbar Erector Spinae Plane Block
JiHee Hong, MD, PhD, JiHoon Park, MD, Seungwon Lee, MD, and Jaeyun Lee, MD.
- Combined Infraclavicular-Suprascapular Nerve Blocks Compared With Interscalene Block for Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair: A Prospective, Randomized, Double-blind, and Comparative Clinical Trial
Randomized Clinical Trial
Joseph Makram Botros, MD, Fatma ElZahraa Mahmoud, MD, Atef Mohamed Mahmoud, MD, Mohamad Ahmed Shawky, MD, Mohamed Safaa ElDin Mohamed Arafaa, MD, and Safaa Gaber Ragab, MD.
- Output Current and Efficacy of Pulsed Radiofrequency of the Lumbar Dorsal Root Ganglion in Patients With Lumbar Radiculopathy: A Prospective, Double-blind, Randomized Pilot Study
Jae Ni Jang, MD, Soyoon Park, MD, Ji-Hoon Park, MD, PhD, Yumin Song, MD, Young Uk Kim, MD, PhD, Dong Seong Kim, MD, Jeong Eun Sohn, MD, PhD, and Sukhee Park, MD.
- Assessment of Radiation Exposure with Mandatory Two Fluoroscopic Views for Epidural Procedures
Laxmaiah Manchikanti, MD, Rachana Pasupuleti, MD, Vidyasagar Pampati, MSc, Mahendra R. Sanapati, MD, and Joshua A. Hirsch, MD.