Editor-in-Chief: Alan David Kaye, MD, PhD
Managing Editor: Bert Fellows, MA
Pain Physician is the official publication of the American Society of Interventional
Pain Physicians (ASIPP). The open access journal is published 6 times a year.
Pain Physician is a peer-reviewed, multi-disciplinary, open access journal
written by and directed to an audience of interventional pain physicians,
clinicians and basic scientists with an interest in interventional pain
management and pain medicine.
Pain Physician presents the latest studies, research, and information vital to those in the emerging specialty of interventional pain management – and critical to the people they serve.
Current issue highlights: (September 2019, Volume 22, Issue 5)
- Cervical Interlaminar Epidural Injections in the Treatment of Cervical Disc Herniation, Post Surgery Syndrome, or Discogenic Pain: Cost Utility Analysis from Randomized Trials
Cost Utility Analysis
Laxmaiah Manchikanti, MD, Vidyasagar Pampati, MSc, Allan Parr, III, MS, Maanasa V. Manchikanti, ., Mahendra R. Sanapati, MD, Alan D. Kaye, MD, PhD, and Joshua A. Hirsch, MD.
- Updated Review and Treatment Recommendations on Paraneoplastic Neurologic Syndromes and Chronic Pain
Inna Blyakhman, MSc, and Krishnan Chakravarthy, MD, PhD.
- Neurostimulation for the Treatment of Chronic Head and Facial Pain: A Literature Review
Ajay B. Antony, MD, Anthony J. Mazzola, MD, Gurpreet S. Dhaliwal, MD, and Corey W. Hunter, MD.
- Transition from Acute to Chronic Pain: Evaluating Risk for Chronic Postsurgical Pain
Gabriel Fregoso, MD, Annie Wang, MD, Kelly Tseng, MD, and Jingping Wang, MD, PhD.
- Long-Term Retrospective Assessment of Clinical Efficacy of Radiofrequency Ablation of the Knee Using a Cooled Radiofrequency System
Leonardo Kapural, MD, PhD, Nicholas Lee, ., Kevin Neal, MD, and Michael Burchell, MD.
- Beta-blocker Use is Associated with a Reduction in Opioid Use 30 Days After Total Knee Arthroplasty
Jordan Ben Starr, MD, Miroslav Backonja, MD, and Irene Rozet, MD.
- Modified K-Hole Percutaneous Endoscopic Surgery for Cervical Foraminal Stenosis: Partial Pediculectomy Approach
Chang-Ming Xiao, MD, Ke-Xiao Yu, MD, Rui Deng, MD, Qing-Yan Long, MB, Lei Chu, MD, Yang Xiong, MD, Bei Sun, MD, Liang Chen, MD, PhD, Zheng-Jian Yan, MD, and Zhong-Liang Deng, MD, PhD.
- The Associations Between Cognitive Dysfunction, Stress Biomarkers, and Administered Anesthesia Type in Total Knee Arthroplasties: Prospective, Randomized Trial
Ipek S. Edipoglu, MD, and Fatma Celik, MD.
- Analgesic and Respiratory Effects of Two Doses of Morphine as an Adjunct to Bupivacaine in Ultrasound-Guided Transversus Abdominis Plane Block in Upper Abdominal Surgery
Hala S. Abdel-Ghaffar, MD, Fatma G.E. Askar, MD, Huda H. Mohamed, MBBCH, Nagwa M. Ibrahim, MD, Amani H. Abdel-Wahab, MD, and Mostafa S. Abbas, MD.
- A Prospective, Randomized Cross-Over Trial of T2 Paravertebral Block as a Sympathetic Block in Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
Young Hoon Kim, MD, PhD, Seo Yeong Kim, MD, Yun Jae Lee, MD, and Eung Don Kim, MD.
- Evaluation of Opioid Prescribing Habits Based on Analysis of a State Prescription Drug Monitoring Program
John C. Alexander, MD, Julia Silge, PhD, Stephanie Jones, MD, and Girish P. Joshi, MD.
- Variations of Technique in Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injections and Periprocedural Practices by Interventional Pain Medicine Physicians in the United States
Lisa V. Doan, MD, Francisco Narvaez, MD, Michael Fakhry, MD, Kristoffer Padjen, MD, and Christopher G. Gharibo, MD.
- Spinal Radiofrequency Ablation Combined with Cement Augmentation for Painful Spinal Vertebral Metastasis: A Single-Center Prospective Study
Dawood Sayed, MD, Daniel Jacobs, DO, Timothy Sowder, MD, Daniel Haines, MD, and Walter Orr, MPH.
- A Staged Treatment of Symptomatic Lumbar Intraspinal Synovial Cysts
Kyung-Hoon Kim, MD, PhD, Su-Young Kim, MD, Hwoe-Gyeong Ok, MD, and Tae-Kyun Kim, MD, PhD.
- Sciatic Scoliosis Evolution after Lumbar Discectomy: A Comparison Between Adolescents and Young Adults
Yinchang Zhang, MD, Wenbo Li, MS, Leilei Xu, MD, Enze Jiang, MD, Yong Qiu, MD, and Zezhang Zhu, MD.