Editor-in-Chief: Alan David Kaye, MD, PhD
Managing Editor: Bert Fellows, MA
Pain Physician is the official publication of the American Society of Interventional
Pain Physicians (ASIPP). The open access journal is published 6 times a year.
Pain Physician is a peer-reviewed, multi-disciplinary, open access journal
written by and directed to an audience of interventional pain physicians,
clinicians and basic scientists with an interest in interventional pain
management and pain medicine.
Pain Physician presents the latest studies, research, and information vital to those in the emerging specialty of interventional pain management – and critical to the people they serve.
Current issue highlights: (June 2020, Volume 23, Issue 3)
- Intermediate Cervical Plexus Block in the Management of Persistent Postoperative Pain Post Carotid Endarterectomy: A Prospective, Randomized, Controlled, Clinical Trial
Emiliano Petrucci, MD, Vincenza Cofini, MD, Barbara Pizzi, MD, Rosaria Coletta, MD, Angelo Geremia Blasetti, MD, Stefano Necozione, MD, Pierfrancesco Fusco, MD, and Franco Marinangeli, MD.
- Effectiveness of Suprascapular Nerve Pulsed Radiofrequency Treatment for Hemiplegic Shoulder Pain: A Randomized-Controlled Trial
Ebru Alanbay, MD, Berke Aras, MD, Serdar Kesikburun, MD, Selvinaz Kizilirmak, MD, Evren Yasar, MD, and Arif Kenan Tan, MD.
- Conservative Treatment Versus Ultrasound-Guided Injection in the Management of Meralgia Paresthetica: A Randomized Controlled Trial
Selda Kiliç, MD, Feyza Ünlü Özkan, MD, Duygu Geler Külcü, MD, Gülcan Öztürk, MD, Pinar Akpinar, MD, and Ilknur Aktas, MD.
- Clinical Study of Spinal Cord Stimulation and Pulsed Radiofrequency for Management of Herpes Zoster-Related Pain Persisting Beyond Acute Phase in Elderly Patients
Botao Liu, MD, Yang Yang, MD, Zhongyi Zhang, MD, Haining Wang, MD, Bifa Fan, MD, and Lei Sima, MD.
- Dexmedetomidine Added to Bupivacaine versus Bupivacaine in Transincisional Ultrasound-Guided Quadratus Lumborum Block in Open Renal Surgeries: A Randomized Trial
Amin M. Alansary, MD, Atef Badawy, MD, and Marwa A.K. Elbeialy, MD.
- Cordotomy for Intractable Cancer Pain: A Narrative Review
Saba Javed, MD, Ashwin Viswanathan, MD, and Salahadin Abdi, MD, PhD.
- Computed Tomography-Guided Radiofrequency Thermocoagulation of the Gasserian Ganglion Using an Alternative to Hartel Anterior Approach: A Bicentral Study
Dimitrios K. Filippiadis, MD, PhD, Dionysios Markoutsas, MD, Argyro Mazioti, MD, PhD, Grigorios Tsoukalos, MD, Olympia Papakonstantinou, MD, PhD, Panteleimon Stamatis, RN, Alexis Kelekis, MD, PhD, and Dimitrios Tzavoulis, MD.
- Mandatory Review of Prescription Drug Monitoring Program Before Issuance of a Controlled Substance Results in Overall Reduction of Prescriptions Including Opioids and Benzodiazepines
Larry Manders, MD, and Alaa Abd-Elsayed, MD.
- Can the Novel LumboIliac Triangle Technique Based on Biplane Oblique Fluoroscopy Facilitate Transforaminal Percutaneous Endoscopic Lumbar Discectomy for Patients with L5-S1 Disc Herniation Combined with High Iliac Crest? Case-Control Study of 100 Patients
Jun-Song Yang, MD, Kai-Xuan Liu, MD, Praveen Kadimcherla, MD, Lei Chu, MD, Zhong-Liang Deng, MD, Yun-Kai Chan, MD, Peng Liu, MD, Tuan-Jiang Liu, MD, and Ding-Jun Hao, MD.
- Radiculopathy Following Vertebral Body Compression Fracture: The Role of Percutaneous Cement Augmentation
David Gimarc, MD, Alexandria Jensen, MS, Kimberly Lind, PhD, and Mary K. Jesse, MD.