Editor-in-Chief: Alan David Kaye, MD, PhD
Managing Editor: Fellows Bert, MA
Pain Physician is the official publication of the American Society of Interventional
Pain Physicians (ASIPP). The open access journal is published 6 times a year.
Pain Physician is a peer-reviewed, multi-disciplinary, open access journal
written by and directed to an audience of interventional pain physicians,
clinicians and basic scientists with an interest in interventional pain
management and pain medicine.
Pain Physician presents the latest studies, research, and information vital to those in the emerging specialty of interventional pain management – and critical to the people they serve.
Current issue highlights: (September 2018, Volume 21, Issue 5)
- Reframing Medicare Physician Payment Policy for 2019: A Look at Proposed Policy
Laxmaiah Manchikanti, MD, Vijay Singh, MD, Ramsin M. Benyamin, MD, Alan D. Kaye, MD, PhD, Vidyasagar Pampati, MSc, and Joshua A. Hirsch, MD.
- Efficacy Assessment of Radiofrequency Ablation as a Palliative Pain Treatment in Patients with Painful Metastatic Spinal Lesions: A Systematic Review
Katharina Rosian, MSc, Katharina Hawlik, MD, and Brigitte Piso, MD.
- Comparison of Clinical Efficacy Between Transforaminal and Interlaminar Epidural Injections in Lumbosacral Disc Herniation: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
Jung Hwan Lee, MD, PhD, Kyoung-ho Shin, MD, Sung Jin Park, MD, Goo Joo Lee, MD, Chang-Hyung Lee, MD, PhD, Dong Hwan Kim, MD, PhD, Du Hwan Kim, MD, PhD, and Hee Seung Yang, MD.
- Comparison of Clinical Efficacy of Epidural Injection With or Without Steroid in Lumbosacral Disc Herniation: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis
Jung Hwan Lee, MD, PhD, Dong Hwan Kim, MD, PhD, Du Hwan Kim, MD, PhD, Kyoung-ho Shin, MD, Sung Jin Park, MD, Goo Joo Lee, MD, Chang-Hyung Lee, MD, PhD, and Hee Seung Yang, MD.
- Effectiveness and Safety of High-Voltage Pulsed Radiofrequency to Treat Patients with Primary Trigeminal Neuralgia: A Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Controlled Study Protocol
Yitong Jia, MD, Yuesong Pan, MD, Hao Ren, MD, Nan Ji, MD, and Fang Luo, MD.
- Preemptive Analgesia with Parecoxib in Total Hip Arthroplasty: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial
Hui-ming Peng, MD, Long-chao Wang, MD, Wei Wang, MD, Qi-heng Tang, MD, Wen-wei Qian, MD, Jin Lin, MD, Jin Jin, MD, Bin Feng, MD, Xing-hua Yin, MD, Xi-sheng Weng, MD, and Yi-xin Zhou, MD.
- Comparison of Efficacy of Lateral Branch Pulsed Radiofrequency Denervation and Intraarticular Depot Methylprednisolone Injection for Sacroiliac Joint Pain
Kaustuv Dutta, MD, Samarjit Dey, MD, Prithwis Bhattacharyya, MD, Sharat Agarwal, MS, and Priyanka Dev, MD.
- Low Volume Neurolytic Retrocrural Celiac Plexus Block for Visceral Cancer Pain: Retrospective Review of 507 Patients with Severe Malignancy Related Pain Due to Primary Abdominal Cancer or Metastatic Disease
Abed Rahman, MD, Raed Rahman, DO, George Macrinici, MD, and Sam Li, MD.
- A Retrospective Review of Spinal Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedures in Patients with Metallic Posterior Spinal Instrumentation – Is it Safe?
Stephen Ellwood, BS, Peter Shupper, MD, and Andrew Kaufman, MD.
- Earlier Vertebroplasty for Osteoporotic Thoracolumbar Compression Fracture May Minimize the Subsequent Development of Adjacent Fractures: A Retrospective Study
Chang-Chen Yang, MD, Jui-Teng Chien, MD, Tzung-Yi Tsai, MD, Kuang-Ting Yeh, MD, PhD, Ru-Ping Lee, RN, PhD, and Wen-Tien Wu, MD, PhD.