Editor-in-Chief: Alan David Kaye, MD, PhD
Managing Editor: Fellows Bert, MA
Pain Physician is a bi-monthly journal, the official publication of the American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians (ASIPP).
Pain Physician is a peer-reviewed, multi-disciplinary journal written by and directed to an audience of interventional pain physicians, clinicians and basic scientists with an interest in interventional pain management and pain medicine.
Pain Physician presents the latest studies, research, and information vital to those in the emerging specialty of interventional pain management – and critical to the people they serve.
Current issue highlights: (September 2015, Volume 18, Issue 5)
- Survival Strategies for Tsunami of ICD-10-CM for Interventionalists: Pursue or Perish!
Health Policy Review
Laxmaiah Manchikanti, MD, Marvel Hammer, RN, CPC, Mark V. Boswell, MD, PhD, Alan D. Kaye, MD, PhD, and Joshua A. Hirsch, MD.
- Systematic Review of the Diagnostic Accuracy and Therapeutic Effectiveness of Sacroiliac Joint Interventions
Thomas T. Simopoulos, MD, Laxmaiah Manchikanti, MD, Sanjeeva Gupta, MD, Steve M. Aydin, DO, Chong H. Kim , MD, Daneshvari R. Solanki, MD, Devi E Nampiaparampil, MD, Vijay Singh, MD, Peter S. Staats, MD, and Joshua A. Hirsch, MD.
- Effects of Systemic Magnesium on Post-operative Analgesia: Is the Current Evidence Strong Enough?
Bao-Lin Guo, MD, Yan Lin, PhD, Wei Hu, BA, Chen-Xi Zhen, MD, PhD, Zhao Bao-Cheng, MD, PhD, Huang-Hui Wu, MD, Alan D. Kaye, MD, PhD, Jian-Hong Duan, MD, PhD, and Yan Qu, MD, PhD.
- The Association of rs4753426 Polymorphism in the Melatonin Receptor 1B (MTNR1B) Gene and Susceptibility to Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis
Peng Yang, MD, Hao Liu, MD, Jun Lin, MD, PhD, and Huilin Yang, MD.
- Predictors of Persistent Neuropathic Pain – A Systematic Review
Sabine Boogaard, MSc, Martijn W Heymans, PhD, Henrica CW de Vet, MD, PhD, Madelon L Peters, PhD, Stephan A. Loer, MD, PhD, Wouter WA Zuurmond, MD, PhD, and Roberto SGM Perez, PhD.
- Improving Analgesic Efficacy and Safety of Thoracic Paravertebral Block for Breast Surgery: A Mixed-Effects Meta-Analysis
Abdullah S Terkawi, MD, Siny Tsang, MA, Daniel I. Sessler, MD, Rayan S. Terkawi, MD, Megan S Nunemaker, MSLS, Marcel E Durieux, MD, PhD, and Ashley Shilling, MD.
- Effect of Individually Tailored Biopsychosocial Workplace Interventions on Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain and Stress Among Laboratory Technicians: Randomized Controlled Trial
Kenneth Jay, MSc, Mikkel Brandt, MSc, Klaus Hansen, BSc, Emil Sundstrup, MSc, Markus D. Jakobsen, MSc, mc schraefel, PhD, Gisela Sjogaard, Dr. Med. Sci, PhD, and Lars L. Andersen, PhD.
- Intraarticular Facet Injections for Low Back Pain: Design Considerations, Consensus Methodology to Develop the Protocol for a Randomized Controlled Trial
Tom Mars, B. Ost, B Educ, MA, David R Ellard, PhD, James HL Antrobus, FRCA, FFPMRCA, Melinda Cairns, MCSP, PhD, Martin Underwood, MD, Kirstie Haywood, PhD, Susie Keohane, PgDip, Harbinder Sandhu, PhD, and Frances Griffiths, PhD.
- Radiologic Analysis and Clinical Study of the Upper One-third Joint Technique for Fluoroscopically Guided Sacroiliac Joint Injection
Junghyun Park, MD, Hue Jung Park, MD, Dong Eon Moon, MD, Gye Jeol Sa, MD, and Young Hoon Kim, MD.
- Peripheral Nerve Stimulation for the Treatment of Chronic Intractable Headaches: Long-term Efficacy and Safety Study
Pyung Bok Lee, MD, Christian Horazeck, MD, Francis S Nahm, MD, PhD, and Billy K. Huh, MD, PhD.
- Value of Examination Under Fluoroscopy for the Assessment of Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction
P. Jonathan Eskander, MD, Juan G Ripoll, MD, Frank Calixto, MD, Burton D. Beakley, MD, Jeffrey T Baker, MD, Patrick J. Healy, MD, O H Gunduz, MD, Lizheng Shi, PhD, Jamie A Clodfelter, DO, Jinan Liu, MHA, Alan D. Kaye, MD, PhD, and Sanjay sharma, MD.
- Contrast Dispersion Pattern and Efficacy of Corticosteroid at the Glenohumeral Joint in Adhesive Capsulitis
Sang Jun Kim, MD, PhD, and Yu Seong Choi, MD.
- Effectiveness and Safety of Pulsed Radiofrequency Treatment Guided by Computed Tomography for Refractory Neuralgia of Infraorbital Nerve: A Pilot Study
Fang Luo, MD, Jingjing Lu, MD, Ying Shen, MD, Lan Meng, MD, Tao Wang, MD, and Nan Ji, MD.