Editor-in-Chief: Alan David Kaye, MD, PhD
Managing Editor: Fellows Bert, MA
Pain Physician is the official publication of the American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians (ASIPP). The journal is published 8 times a year beginning in 2016.
Pain Physician is a peer-reviewed, multi-disciplinary journal written by and directed to an audience of interventional pain physicians, clinicians and basic scientists with an interest in interventional pain management and pain medicine.
Pain Physician presents the latest studies, research, and information vital to those in the emerging specialty of interventional pain management – and critical to the people they serve.
Current issue highlights: (September 2017, Volume 20, Issue 6)
- Effectiveness of Thermal Annular Procedures in Treating Discogenic Low Back Pain
Standiford Helm II, MD, Thomas T. Simopoulos, MD, Milan Stojanovic, MD, Salahadin Abdi, MD, PhD, and Mohamed Ahamed El Terany, MD.
- The Effect of Early Use of Supplemental Therapy on Preventing Postherpetic Neuralgia: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis
Xiu-Fang Xing, PhD, Zhen-Feng Zhou, PhD, Feng-Jiang Zhang, MD, and Min Yan, MD.
- What Are the Predictors of Altered Central Pain Modulation in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain Populations? A Systematic Review
Jacqui Clark, MSc, Jo Nijs, PhD, Gillian Yeowell, PhD, and Peter Charles Goodwin, PhD.
- Efficacy of Cannabis-Based Medicines for Pain Management: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials
J. Aviram, RN, PhC, and G. Samuelly-Leichtag, PT, PhC.
- Posture Influences the Extent of Spread of Contrast Medium During Thoracic Epidurography: A Prospective Randomized Trial
Ji Hee Hong, MD, PhD, Sung Won Jung, MD, PhD, and Ji Hoon Park, MD.
- The Dose-Dependent Effects of Ketoprofen on Dynamic Pain after Open Heart Surgery
Vedat Eljezi, MD, Claire Biboulet, MB, Henri Boby, MD, Pierre Schoeffler, MD, Bruno Pereira, PhD, and Christian Duale, MD, PhD.
- Serious Adverse Events Associated with Readmission Through One Year After Vertebral Augmentation with Either a Polyetheretherketone Implant or Balloon Kyphoplasty
Douglas P. Beall, MD, Jeffrey D. Coe, MD, Mark McIlduff, MBA, Daniel Bloch, PhD, John Hornberger, MD, Christopher Warner, MD, and Sean Tutton, MD.
- Sonographic Guidance for Supraclavicular Brachial Plexus Blocks: Single vs. Double Injection Cluster Approach
Jung Ju Choi, MD, PhD, Hyun Jeong Kwak, MD, PhD, Wol Seon Jung, MD, PhD, Seung Hyun Chung, MD, PhD, and Mi Geum Lee, MD, PhD.
- 1-Year Results of a Randomized Controlled Trial of Conservative Management vs. Minimally Invasive Surgical Treatment for Sacroiliac Joint Pain
Julius Dengler, MD, PhD, Djaya Kools, MD, Robert Pflugmacher, MD, Alessandro Gasbarrini, MD, Domenico Prestamburgo, MD, Paolo Gaetani, MD, Eddie van Eeckhoven, RPh, Daniel Cher, MD, and Bengt Sturesson, MD, PhD.
- Long-term Cost Utility of Spinal Cord Stimulation in Patients with Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
S. Harrison Farber, BS, Jing L. Han, BA, Aladine A. Elsamadicy, BE, Qasim Hussaini, MS, Siyun Yang, MS, Promila Pagadala, PhD, Beth Parente, PA-C, Jichun Xie, PhD, and Shivanand P. Lad, MD, PhD.
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome Type I, a Debilitating and Poorly Understood Syndrome. Possible Role for Pulsed Electromagnetic Fields: A Narrative Review
Stefania Pagani, BSc, Francesca Veronesi, PhD, Nicolo Nicoli Aldini, MD, and Milena Fini, MD.
- Repeated Ganglion Impar Block in a Cohort of 83 Patients with Chronic Pelvic and Perineal Pain
Quentin-Come Le Clerc, MD, Thibault Riant, MD, Amelie Levesque, MD, Jean-Jacques Labat, MD, Stephane Ploteau, MD, Roger Robert, MD, Marie-Aimee Perrouin-Verbe, MD, and Jerome Rigaud, MD, PhD.
- Lack of Gender and Age Differences in Pain Measurements Following Exercise in People with Chronic Whiplash-Associated Disorders
Case Control Study
Kelly Ickmans, PhD, Anneleen Malfliet, PT, MSc, Margot De Kooning, PhD, Lisa Goudman, PT, MSc, Ives Hubloue, MD, PhD, Tom Schmitz, MD, Dorien Goubert, PT, MSc, PhD, and Maria Encarnacion Aguilar-Ferrandiz, PhD.
- Factors Associated with Successful Responses to Transforaminal Balloon Adhesiolysis for Chronic Lumbar Foraminal Stenosis: Retrospective Study
Doo Hwan Kim, MD, Seong-Sik Cho, MD, Yeon-Jin Moon, MD, Koo Kwon, MD, Kunhee Lee, MD, Jeong-Gil Leem, MD, PhD, Jin-Woo Shin, MD, PhD, Ji Hyun Park, MD, and Seong-Soo Choi, MD, PhD.
- A Practical Guide for Treatment of Pain in Patients with Systemic Mast Cell Activation Disease
Stefan Wirz, MD, PhD, and Gerhard J. Molderings, MD.