Editor-in-Chief: Alan David Kaye, MD, PhD
Managing Editor: Fellows Bert, MA
Pain Physician is the official publication of the American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians (ASIPP). The journal is published 8 times a year beginning in 2016.
Pain Physician is a peer-reviewed, multi-disciplinary journal written by and directed to an audience of interventional pain physicians, clinicians and basic scientists with an interest in interventional pain management and pain medicine.
Pain Physician presents the latest studies, research, and information vital to those in the emerging specialty of interventional pain management – and critical to the people they serve.
Current issue highlights: (May 2016, Volume 19, Issue 4)
- In Memoriam of an Eminent Pain Physician: Phulchand Prithvi Raj
Laxmaiah Manchikanti, MD.
- Utilization of Interventional Techniques in Managing Chronic Pain In Medicare Population from 2000 to 2014: An Analysis of Patterns of Utilization
Laxmaiah Manchikanti, MD, Vidyasagar Pampati, MSc, and Joshua A. Hirsch, MD.
- Local Infiltration Analgesia Versus Regional Blockade for Postoperative Analgesia in Total Knee Arthroplasty: A Meta-analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials
Bin Hu, MD, Tiao Lin, MD, PhD, Shi-gui Yan, MD, Song-lin Tong, MD, Jian-hao Yu, MD, Jian-jie Xu, MD, and Yi-Ming Ying, MD.
- Patient Characteristics and Outcomes in Unintentional, Non-fatal Prescription Opioid Overdoses: A Systematic Review
Mark J. Elzey, MD, Sarah M. Barden, PharmD, and Eric S. Edwards, MD, PhD.
- MILD® Is an Effective Treatment for Lumbar Spinal Stenosis with Neurogenic Claudication: MiDAS ENCORE Randomized Controlled Trial
Ramsin M. Benyamin, MD, Peter S. Staats, MD, and Investigators MiDAS ENCORE, ,.
- Safety and Efficacy of Dexmedetomidine in Treating Post Spinal Anesthesia Shivering: A Randomized Clinically Controlled Dose-Finding Trial
Hala Saad Abdel-Ghaffar, MD, Sahar Abd-Elbaky Mohamed, MD, Khaled M. Fares, MD, and Mohamed Abdel-Kadr Osman, PhD.
- Digital Subtraction Angiography Use During Epidural Steroid Injections Does Not Reliably Distinguish Artery from Vein
Ameet Nagpal, MD, George C Chang-Chien, DO, Jonathan A. Benfield, DO, Kenneth D. Candido, MD, Maunak V. Rana, MD, and Maxim Eckmann, MD.
- High Frequency Spinal Cord Stimulation at 10 kHz for the Treatment of Chronic Pain: 6-Month Australian Clinical Experience
Marc Russo, MBBS, Paul Verrills, MBBS, Bruce Mitchell, MBBS, John Salmon, MBBS, Adele Barnard, PhD, and Danielle Santarelli, PhD.
- The Effectiveness of Alcohol Versus Phenol Based Splanchnic Nerve Neurolysis for the Treatment of Intra-Abdominal Cancer Pain
Dhanalakshmi Koyyalagunta, MD, Mitchell P Engle, MD, PhD, Jun Yu, MD, Lei Feng, MS, and Diane M. Novy, PhD.
- What Is the Role of Epidural Steroid Injections in Lumbar Spinal Disease with Moderate Disability?
Jae Ho Choi, MD, Jae-Young Hong, MD, PhD, Seung-Woo Suh, MD, PhD, Jae-Hyuk Yang, MD, Si-Young Park, MD, PhD, Jung-Ho Park, MD, PhD, and Sung-Jun Hong, MD.
- Measuring the Quality of Pudendal Nerve Perineural Injections
Stanley Antolak, Jr., MD, Christopher Antolak, MD, and Lisa Lendway, PhD.
- Factors Associated with the Outcome of Ultrasound-Guided Trochanteric Bursa Injection in Greater Trochanteric Pain Syndrome: A Retrospective Cohort Study
Ki Deok Park, MD, PhD, Woo Yong Lee, MD, Jihae Lee, MD, Min-Ho Park, MD, Jae Ki Ahn, MD, and Yongbum Park, MD.
- Sequential Transarterial Embolization Followed by Percutaneous Vertebroplasty Is Safe and Effective in Pain Management in Vertebral Metastases
Fu-An Wang, MD, Shi-Cheng He, MD, En-Hua Xiao, MD, PhD, Shu-Xiang Wang, MD, Ling Sun, MD, Peng-Hua LV, MD, PhD, and Wen-Nuo Huang, MD.
- What Is the Prevalence of Symptomatic Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome in Chronic Spinal Pain Patients? An Assessment of the Correlation of OSAS with Chronic Opioid Therapy, Obesity, and Smoking
Sanjana Pampati, BS, BA, and Laxmaiah Manchikanti, MD.
- The Role of Immunoglobulin E in the Pathogenesis of Ketamine Related Cystitis and Ulcerative Interstitial Cystitis: An Immunohistochemical Study
Jia-Fong Jhang, MD, Yung-Hsiang Hsu, MD, Yuan-Hong Jiang, MD, and Hann-Chorng Kuo, MD.
- Pentoxifylline Ameliorates Mechanical Hyperalgesia in a Rat Model of Chemotherapy-Induced Neuropathic Pain
Hee Kee Kim, PhD, Seon-Hee Hwang, PhD, Sing-Ong Lee, MD, Sung Hoon Kim, MD, and Salahadin Abdi, MD, PhD.
- Microstructural Abnormalities in Gray Matter of Patients with Postherpetic Neuralgia: A Diffusional Kurtosis Imaging Study
Yi Zhang, MD, Tian Yu, MD, PhD, Bangyong Qin, MD, Ying Li, MD, Ganjun Song, BSMT, and Buwei Yu, MD.
- Comparison of Intrathecal Concentrations of Acyclovir following Epidural and Intravenous Administration in Rats
Jae Hun Kim, MD, PhD, Mi Kyoung Lee, MD, PhD, Jung Eun Kim, MD, Se Hee Kim, MD, and Sang Sik Choi, MD, PhD.