Editor-in-Chief: Alan David Kaye, MD, PhD
Managing Editor: Fellows Bert, MA
Pain Physician is the official publication of the American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians (ASIPP). The journal is published 8 times a year beginning in 2016.
Pain Physician is a peer-reviewed, multi-disciplinary journal written by and directed to an audience of interventional pain physicians, clinicians and basic scientists with an interest in interventional pain management and pain medicine.
Pain Physician presents the latest studies, research, and information vital to those in the emerging specialty of interventional pain management – and critical to the people they serve.
Current issue highlights: (January 2017, Volume 20, Issue 1)
- Merit-Based Incentive Payment System: Meaningful Changes in the Final Rule Brings Cautious Optimism
Health Policy Review
Laxmaiah Manchikanti, MD, Standiford Helm II, MD, Aaron K. Calodney, MD, and Joshua A. Hirsch, MD.
- Does Percutaneous Vertebroplasty or Balloon Kyphoplasty for Osteoporotic Vertebral Compression Fractures Increase the Incidence of New Vertebral Fractures? A Meta-Analysis
Hui Zhang, MD, Caiyuan Xu, MD, Tongxing Zhang, MD, Zhongyu Gao, MD, PhD, and Tao Zhang, MD, PhD.
- Treatment Outcomes for Patients with Failed Back Surgery
Jae Hwan Cho, MD, Jae Hyup Lee, MD, PhD, Kwang Sup Song, MD, PhD, Jae-Young Hong, MD, PhD, Yoon-Suk Joo, MD, Dong-Ho Lee, MD, PhD, Chang Ju Hwang, MD, and Choon Sung Lee, MD, PhD.
- Incidence of Spontaneous Resorption of Lumbar Disc Herniation: A Meta-Analysis
Ming Zhong, MD, Jin-Tao Liu, MD, PhD, Hong Jiang, MD, PhD, Wen Mo, PhD, Peng-Fei Yu, MD, Xiao-Chun Li, MD, and Rui Rui Xue, MD.
- Effect of Concomitant Pain Medications on Response to Pregabalin in Patients with Postherpetic Neuralgia or Spinal Cord Injury-Related Neuropathic Pain
Stephan A. Schug, MD, Bruce Parsons, MD, PhD, Mary Almas, MS, and Ed Whalen, PhD.
- Reliability and Safety of Contra-Lateral Oblique View for Interlaminar Epidural Needle Placement
Richard Derby, MD, Irina Melnik, MD, Jongwoo Choi, MD, Sang-Hoon Lee, MD, PhD, and Jeong-Eun Lee, PT.
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Lumbar Discectomy for Highly Migrated Lumbar Disc Herniation
Chao Liu, MD, Lei Chu, MD, Hao-Chuan Yong, MD, Liang Chen, MD, PhD, and Zhong-Liang Deng, MD, PhD.
- Modified Percutaneous Lumbar Foraminoplasty and Percutaneous Endoscopic Lumbar Discectomy: Instrument Design, Technique Notes, and 5 Years Follow-up
Zhen-zhou Li, MD, Shu-xun Hou, MD, Wei-lin Shang, MD, Ke-ran Song, MD, and Hong-liang Zhao, MD.
- Vitamin D Supplementation in Patients with Chronic Low Back Pain: An Open Label, Single Arm Clinical Trial
Babita Ghai, MD, DNB, Dipika Bansal, MD, DM, Raju Kanukula, MPharm, Kapil Gudala, PhD, Naresh Sachdeva, PhD, Saravdeep Singh Dhatt, MS, and Vishal Kumar, MS.
- Efficacy of Adjuvant 10% Hypertonic Saline in Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injection: A Retrospective Analysis
Eun Young Joo, MD, Won Uk Koh, MD, Seong-Soo Choi, MD, PhD, Jae-Hyung Choi, MD, Ho-Soo Ahn, MD, Hye Joo Yun, MD, and Jin-Woo Shin, MD, PhD.
- Neural Correlates of Maladaptive Pain Behavior in Chronic Neck Pain – A Single Case Control fMRI Study
Case Control Study
Konstantin Beinert, PhD, Audrey Mouthon, MSc, Martin Keller, PhD, Michael Mouthon, PhD, Jean-Marie Annoni, PhD, and Wolfgang Taube, PhD.
- Multidisciplinary Care of Unruptured Brain Arteriovenous Malformations to Improve Symptomatic Headache and the Onset, Progression, and Outcomes of Unruptured Brain Arteriovenous Malformations
Ling-Feng Lai, MD, Min Chen, MD, Jia-Xiang Chen, MD, Kuang Zheng, MD, Xu-Ying He, MD, Xi-Feng Li, MD, Xin Zhang, MD, Jian Yin, MD, Qiu-Jing Wang, MD, Tuan-Ming Zou, PhD, and Chuan-Zhi Duan, MD.