Editor-in-Chief: Alan David Kaye, MD, PhD
Managing Editor: Holly Long, BA
Pain Physician is the official publication of the American Society of Interventional
Pain Physicians (ASIPP). The open access journal is published 6 times a year.
Pain Physician is a peer-reviewed, multi-disciplinary, open access journal
written by and directed to an audience of interventional pain physicians,
clinicians and basic scientists with an interest in interventional pain
management and pain medicine.
Pain Physician presents the latest studies, research, and information vital to those in the emerging specialty of interventional pain management – and critical to the people they serve.
Current issue highlights: (November 2018, Volume 21, Issue 6)
- Reframing the Role of Neuromodulation Therapy in the Chronic Pain Treatment Paradigm
Krishnan Chakravarthy, MD, PhD, Laxmaiah Manchikanti, MD, Alan D. Kaye, MD, PhD, and Paul J. Christo, MD.
- Do Regenerative Medicine Therapies Provide Long-Term Relief in Chronic Low Back Pain: A Systematic Review and Metaanalysis
Jaya Sanapati, MD, Laxmaiah Manchikanti, MD, Sairam Atluri, MD, Sheldon Jordan, MD, Sheri L. Albers, DO, Miguel A. Pappolla, MD, PhD, Alan D. Kaye, MD, PhD, Kenneth D. Candido, MD, Vidyasagar Pampati, MSc, and Joshua A. Hirsch, MD.
- Are Pain Beliefs, Cognitions, and Behaviors Influenced by Race, Ethnicity, and Culture in Patients with Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain: A Systematic Review
Ceren Orhan, PhD, Eveline Van Looveren, MSc, Barbara Cagnie, PhD, Naziru Bashir Mukhtar, MSc, Dorine Lenoir, MSc, and Mira Meeus, PhD.
- A Network Meta-Analysis to Compare the Efficacy of Steroid and Antiviral Medications for Facial Paralysis from Bell´s Palsy
Xiying Fu, MD, Linda Tang, MD, Can Wang, MD, Ming Li, MD, Huijie Wu, MD, Jinyao Li, MD, Qianqian Ma, MD, and Wei Yang, MD.
- Treatment of Chemotherapy-Induced Peripheral Neuropathy: Systematic Review and Recommendations
Saiyun Hou, MD, PhD, Billy Huh, MD, PhD, Hee Kee Kim, PhD, Kyung-Hoon Kim, MD, PhD, and Salahadin Abdi, MD, PhD.
- Percutaneous Epidural Adhesiolysis Using Inflatable Balloon Catheter and Balloon-less Catheter in Central Lumbar Spinal Stenosis with Neurogenic Claudication: A Randomized Controlled Trial
Myong-Hwan Karm, MD, Seong-Soo Choi, MD, PhD, Doo-Hwan Kim, MD, Jun-Young Park, MD, Sukyung Lee, MD, Jin Kyu Park, MD, Young Joong Suh, MD, Jeong-Gil Leem, MD, PhD, and Jin Woo Shin, MD, PhD.
- The Effects of Radiofrequency Neurotomy Using a Strip-Lesioning Device on Patients with Sacroiliac Joint Pain: Results from a Single-Center, Randomized, Sham-Controlled Trial
Vivek Mehta, MD, FRCA, Kavita Poply, FRCA, Michael Husband, FRCA, Sibtain Anwar, PhD, FRCA, and Richard Langford, FRCA.
- Clinical Benefits of Direct-to-Definitive Testing for Monitoring Compliance in Pain Management
Ralitsa Gencheva, BS, Athena Petrides, PhD, Michalis Kantartjis, BS, Milenko Tanasijevic, MD, MBA, Jayme L. Dahlin, MD, PhD, and Stacy Melanson, MD, PhD.
- Evaluation of Primary Care Physician Chronic Pain Management Practice Patterns
David A. Provenzano, MD, Khalid M. Kamal, PhD, and Vincent Giannetti, PhD.
- Exploring the Role of Chronic Pain Clinics: Potential for Opioid Reduction
Amol Patwardhan, MD, PhD, Ryan Matika, MD, Janalee Gordon, MD, Brian Singer, BS, Michelle Salloum, MD, and Mohab Ibrahim, MD, PhD.
- Fundamental Considerations for Genetically-Guided Pain Management with Opioids Based on CYP2D6 and OPRM1 Polymorphisms
Gualberto Ruano, MD, PhD, and Jonathan A. Kost, MD.
- Association Between Socio-Demographic and Health Functioning Variables Among Patients with Opioid Use Disorder Introduced by Prescription: A Prospective Cohort Study
Nitika Sanger, HBSc, Meha Bhatt, MSc, Ieta Shams, BSc, Hamnah Shahid, BA&Sc, Candice Luo, BHSc, Sabrina Lue Tam, BHSc, M. Constantine Samaan, MD, Russell de Souza, ScD, Lehana Thabane, PhD, and Zainab Samaan, PhD.
- Recurrent Headache Increases Blood-Brain Barrier Permeability and VEGF Expression in Rats
Xiujuan Mi, PhD, Li Ran, MD, Lixue Chen, PhD, and Guangcheng Qin, MD.
- Safety and Effectiveness of Transforaminal Epiduroscopic Laser Ablation in Single Level Disc Disease: A Case-Control Study
Case Control Study
Gyu Yeul Ji, MD, Jongsun Lee, MD, PhD, Sang Won Lee, MD, PhD, Bo Young Cho, MD, PhD, Dong Won Ha, MD, Young Mok Park, MD, and Dong Ah Shin, MD, PhD.