Editor-in-Chief: Alan David Kaye, MD, PhD
Managing Editor: Fellows Bert, MA
Pain Physician is the official publication of the American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians (ASIPP). The journal is published 8 times a year beginning in 2016.
Pain Physician is a peer-reviewed, multi-disciplinary journal written by and directed to an audience of interventional pain physicians, clinicians and basic scientists with an interest in interventional pain management and pain medicine.
Pain Physician presents the latest studies, research, and information vital to those in the emerging specialty of interventional pain management – and critical to the people they serve.
Current issue highlights: (March 2016, Volume 19, Issue 3)
- Epidural Injections for Lumbar Radiculopathy and Spinal Stenosis: A Comparative Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
Laxmaiah Manchikanti, MD, Nebojsa Nick Knezevic, MD, PhD, Mark V. Boswell, MD, PhD, Alan D. Kaye, MD, PhD, and Joshua A. Hirsch, MD.
- Full-Endoscopic Procedures Versus Traditional Discectomy Surgery for Discectomy: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis of Current Global Clinical Trials
Xiao-Chuan Li, MD, Cheng-Fan Zhong, MD, Gui-Bin Deng, MD, Rong-Wei Liang, MD, and Chun-Ming Huang, MD.
- Effect of 3 Different Doses of Intrathecal Dexmedetomidine (2.5µg, 5µg, and 10 µg) on Subarachnoid Block Characteristics: A Prospective Randomized Double Blind Dose-Response Trial
Mayank Gupta, MD, Priyanka Gupta, MD, and Dhananjay Kumar Singh, MD.
- Effects of Stress and Relaxation on Central Pain Modulation in Chronic Whiplash and Fibromyalgia Patients Compared to Healthy Controls
Iris Coppieters, MSc, Barbara Cagnie, PhD, Jo Nijs, PhD, Jessica van Oosterwijck, PhD, Lieven Danneels, PhD, Robby De Pauw, MSc, and Mira Meeus, PhD.
- False Loss of Resistance in Cervical Epidural Injection: The Loss of Resistance Technique Compared with the Epidrum Guidance in Locating Epidural Space
Jin Young Lee, MD, PhD, Sagmin M Lee, MD, PhD, Woo Seog Sim, MD, PhD, Hyun Joo Ahn, MD, PhD, Mi Hye Park, MD, Hyun Young Lim, MD, Soo Hee Lee, MD, Young Ri Kim, MD, Young Il Kim, MD, and Yu Jeong Bang, MD.
- Effect of Adding Calcitonin to Translaminar Epidural Steroid in Degenerative Lumbar Spinal Canal Stenosis
Nabil Ail Elsheikh, MD, and Yasser M. Amr, MD.
- Pain Pressure Threshold in the Region of the Sacroiliac Joint in Patients Diagnosed with Sacroiliac Joint Pain
Robbert JH van Leeuwen, MD, Karolina Szadek, MD, Henrica de Vet, MD, PhD, Wouter Zuurmond, MD, PhD, and Roberto Perez, PhD.
- Radiofrequency Neurolysis for Lumbar Pain Using a Variation of the Original Technique
Jorge F. Ramirez Leon, MD, Jose G Rugeles Ortiz, MD, Enrique Osorio Fonseca, MD, Carolina Ramirez Martinez, MD, and Gabriel Oswaldo Alonso Cuellar, DVM, Msc.
- What is the Correlation Between Facet Joint Radiofrequency Outcome and Response to Comparative Medial Branch Blocks?
Sara Christensen Holz, MD, and Nalini Sehgal, MD.
- Clinical Efficacy of Pulsed Radiofrequency Neuromodulation for Intractable Meralgia Paresthetica
Jae Jun Lee, MD, PhD, Jong Hee Sohn, MD, PhD, Hyuk Jai Choi, MD, PhD, Jin Seo Yang, MD, Kwang Ho Lee, MD, PhD, Hye Jin Do, MD, Sung Ho Lee, MD, and Yong Jun Cho, MD, PhD.
- A Typology of Predictive Risk Factors for Non-Adherent Medication-Related Behaviors among Chronic Non-Cancer Pain Patients Prescribed Opioids: A Cohort Study
Amy Peacock, PhD, Louisa Degenhardt, PhD, Gabriella Campbell, MCrim, Briony Larance, PhD, Suzanne Nielsen, BPharm, PhD, Wayne Hall, PhD, Richard P Mattick, PhD, and Raimondo Bruno, PhD.
- The Best-Laid Plans of “Back Mice” and Men: A Case Report and Literature Review of Episacroiliac Lipoma
Mark C. Bicket, MD, Courtney Simmons, MD, and Yi Zheng, MD, PhD.
- Different Influences of Lipofection and Electrotransfection on In Vitro Gene Delivery to Primary Cultured Cortex Neurons
Xui-Si Zhang, MD, PhD, Jing Huang, MD, PhD, Cong-Qing Zhan, MD, PhD, Jing Chen, MD, Tao Li, MD, PhD, Alan D. Kaye, MD, PhD, Sheng-Xi Wu, MD, PhD, and Lan Xiao, MD, PhD.