Editor-in-Chief: Alan David Kaye, MD, PhD
Managing Editor: Fellows Bert, MA
Pain Physician is a bi-monthly journal, the official publication of the American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians (ASIPP).
Pain Physician is a peer-reviewed, multi-disciplinary journal written by and directed to an audience of interventional pain physicians, clinicians and basic scientists with an interest in interventional pain management and pain medicine.
Pain Physician presents the latest studies, research, and information vital to those in the emerging specialty of interventional pain management – and critical to the people they serve.
Current issue highlights: (November 2015, Volume 18, Issue 6)
- Efficacy of Epidural Injections in Managing Chronic Spinal Pain: A Best Evidence Synthesis
Joshua A. Hirsch, MD, Bradley W. Wargo, DO, Alan D. Kaye, MD, PhD, Laxmaiah Manchikanti, MD, Salahadin Abdi, MD, PhD, Sairam Atluri, MD, Sanjay Bakshi, MD, Ramsin M. Benyamin, MD, Mark V. Boswell, MD, PhD, Ricardo M. Buenaventura, MD, Kenneth D. Candido, MD, Harold Cordner, MD, Sukdeb Datta, MD, Gulshan Doulatram, MD, Christopher G. Gharibo, MD, Vahid Grami, MD, Sanjeeva Gupta, MD, Sachin Sunny Jha, MD, MS, Eugene D. Kaplan, MD, Yogesh Malla, MD, Dharam P Mann, MD, Devi E Nampiaparampil, MD, Gabor B. Racz, MD, P. Prithvi Raj, MD, Maunak V. Rana, MD, Manohar Lal Sharma, MD, Vijay Singh, MD, Amol Soin, MD, and Peter S. Staats, MD.
- Manual Therapy for Hip Osteoarthritis: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis
Qiong Wang, MD, Teng-teng Wang, MD, Xiao-feng Qi, MD, Min Yao, MD, Xuejun Cui, MD, PhD, Yongjun Wang, MD, PhD, and Qian-qian Liang, PhD.
- Effect of High-Volume Injectate in Lumbar Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injections: A Randomized, Active Control Trial
Eun Hee Chun, MD, and Hahck Soo Park, MD, PhD.
- Acupuncture-Analgesia Following a Single Treatment Session in Chronic Whiplash Is Unrelated to Autonomic Nervous System Changes: A Randomized Cross-over Trial
Margot De Kooning, MSc, Yannick Tobbackx, MSc, Mira Meeus, MD, Lieven Wauters, MSc, Kelly Ickmans, PT, PhD, Peter De Vilder, MSc, Johan Roose, MSc, Tom Verhaeghe, MSc, and Jo Nijs, PT, PhD.
- Percutaneous Kyphoplasty for Kummell’s Disease with Severe Spinal Canal Stenosis
Guang-Dong Chen, MD, Qi Lu, PhD, Gen-Lin Wang, MD, Jun Zou, MD, PhD, Huilin Yang, MD, Yan Yang, MD, and Zong-Ping Luo, PhD.
- Predictive Factors Associated with Success and Failure for Radiofrequency Thermocoagulation in Patients with Trigeminal Neuralgia
Hyun Seung Jin, MD, Ji Yeon Shin, MD, Yong Chul Kim, MD, PhD, Sang Chul Lee, MD, PhD, Eunjoo Choi, MD, Pyung-Bok Lee, MD, PhD, and Jee Youn Moon, MD, PhD.
- High Frequency Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation Therapy For Chronic Neuropathic Pain: A Meta-analysis
Yu Jin, MS, Guoqiang Xing, PhD, Guangming Li, PhD, Anguo Wang, MS, Shenggang Feng, PhD, Qing Tang, MS, Xiang Liao, MS, Zhiwel Guo, MS, Morgan A. McClure, MS, and Qiwen Mu, MD, PhD.
- National Perioperative Outcomes for Intrathecal Pump, Spinal Cord Stimulator, and Peripheral Nerve Stimulator Procedures
Christopher R. Abrecht, MD, Rodney A. Gabriel, MD, Richard P. Dutton, MD, Alan D. Kaye, MD, PhD, Edward Michna, MD, JD, and Richard D. Urman, MD.
- ANVCFV Score System: Assessment for Probability of New Vertebral Compression Fractures after Percutaneous Vertebroplasty in Patients with Vertebral Compression Fractures
Bin-Yan Zhong, MD, Chun-Gen Wu, MD, Shi-Cheng He, MD, Hai-Dong Zhu, MD, Wen Fang, MD, Li Chen, MD, Jin-He Guo, MD, Gang Deng, MD, Guang-Yu Zhu, MD, and Gao-Jun Teng, MD.
- The Incidence and Risk Factors for Lumbar or Sciatic Scoliosis in Lumbar Disc Herniation and the Outcomes after Percutaneous Endoscopic Discectomy
Ranhee Kim, BS, Rae Hyung Kim, BS, Chi Heon Kim, MD, PhD, Yunhee Choi, PhD, Hyun Sook Hong, MS, Sung Bae Park, MD, Seung Heon Yang, MD, Sung-Mi Kim, RN, and Chun Kee Chung, MD, PhD.
- New Levels of Vertebral Compression Fractures after Percutaneous Kyphoplasty: Retrospective Analysis of Styles and Risk Factors
Lei Ning, MD, Shuang-Lin Wan, MD, Chao Liu, MD, Zhaobo Huang, MD, Hongxin Cai, MD, and Shunwu Fan, MD.
- Combined Ablation and Radiation Therapy of Spinal Metastases: A Novel Multimodality Treatment Approach
Taylor J. Greenwood, MD, Adam Wallace, MD, Michael V. Friedman, MD, Travis J Hillen, MD, Clifford G. Robinson, MD, and Jack W. Jennings, MD, PhD.
- Anatomic Evaluation of the Sacroiliac Joint: A Radiographic Study with Implications for Procedures
Sumit H. Rana, MD, Payam Farjoodi, MD, Sean Haloman, MD, Pascual Dutton, MD, Arvin Hariri, MD, Samuel R. Ward, PT, PhD, Steven R. Garfin, MD, and Douglas G. Chang, MD, PhD.
- Factors Associated with Increased Risk for Clinical Insomnia in Patients with Chronic Neck Pain
Shin Hyung Kim, MD, Dong Hoon Lee, MD, Kyung Bong Yoon, MD, PhD, Jong Rin An, MD, and Duck Mi Yoon, MD, PhD.
- Validation of a Simplified Chinese Version of the Pain Catastrophizing Scale and an Exploration of the Factors Predicting Catastrophizing in Pain Clinic Patients
Ximing Xu, MD, Xianzhao Wei, MD, Fei Wang, MD, Jie Liu, MD, Hui Chen, MD, Yuanchang Xiong, MD, and Ming Li, MD.
- Coxib Safety in Patients with Inflammatory Bowel Diseases: A Meta-analysis
Davide Giuseppe Ribaldone, MD, Shannila Fagoonee, PhD, Marco Astegiano, MD, Claudio DeAngelis, MD, Antonina Smedile, MD, PhD, Gian Paolo Caviglia, PhD, Elisa Petrini, MD, Anna Greco, MD, and Rinaldo Pellicano, MD.