Editor-in-Chief: Alan David Kaye, MD, PhD
Managing Editor: Fellows Bert, MA
Pain Physician is the official publication of the American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians (ASIPP). The journal is published 8 times a year beginning in 2016.
Pain Physician is a peer-reviewed, multi-disciplinary journal written by and directed to an audience of interventional pain physicians, clinicians and basic scientists with an interest in interventional pain management and pain medicine.
Pain Physician presents the latest studies, research, and information vital to those in the emerging specialty of interventional pain management – and critical to the people they serve.
Current issue highlights: (November 2016, Volume 19, Issue 8)
- Repeal and Replace of Affordable Care: A Complex, but Not an Impossible Task
Health Policy Review
Laxmaiah Manchikanti, MD, and Joshua A. Hirsch, MD.
- Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids and Chronic Pain: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis
Jesus Prego-Dominguez, MSc, Fatine Hadrya, PhD, and Bahi Takkouche, MD, PhD.
- Anterior Cingulotomy for the Treatment of Chronic Intractable Pain: A Systematic Review
Justin Sharim, MD, and Nader Pouratian, MD, PhD.
- Can Unilateral Kyphoplasty Replace Bilateral Kyphoplasty in Treatment of Osteoporotic Vertebral Compression Fractures? A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis
Han Sun, MS, Pei-Pei Lu, MS, Yi-Jie Liu, MS, Xu Yang, MS, Ping-Hui Zhou, MD, Xiao-Feng Shen, MD, Si-Wei Sun, MS, and Huilin Yang, MD, PhD.
- Long-term Prednisolone in Post-stroke Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
Randomized Controlled Trial
Jayantee Kalita, MD, DM, Usha Misra, MD, D, Ajit Kumar, MD, DM, and Sanjeev K. Bhoi, MD, DM.
- Analgesic Effect of Nalbuphine When Added to Intravenous Regional Anesthesia: A Randomized Control Trial
Randomized Controlled Trial
Mohamed Hassan Bakri, MD, Eman Ahmed Ismail, MD, and Sayed Kaoud Abd-Elshafy, MD.
- Transversus Abdominis Plane Block in the Management of Acute Postoperative Pain Syndrome after Caesarean Section: A Randomized Controlled Clinical Trial
Pierfrancesco Fusco, MD, Vincenza Cofini, MD, Emiliano Petrucci, MD, Paolo Scimia, MD, Tullio Pozone, MD, Giuseppe Paladini, MD, Gaspare Carta, MD, Stefano Necozione, MD, Battista Borghi, MD, and Franco Marinangeli, MD.
- Technical Strategies and Anatomic Considerations for an Extrapedicular Modified Inferior Endplate Access to Thoracic and Lumbar Vertebral Bodies
Douglas P. Beall, MD, Blake Parsons, MD, and Scott Burner, BS.
- A New Radiofrequency Ablation Procedure to Treat Sacroiliac Joint Pain
Jianguo Cheng, MD, See Loong Chen, MD, Nicole Zimmerman, MS, Jarrod E. Dalton, PhD, Garret LaSalle, MD, and Richard Rosenquist, MD.
- A New Technique for the Treatment of Lumbar Facet Joint Syndrome Using Intra-articular Injection with Autologous Platelet Rich Plasma
Jiuping Wu, MSc, Zhenwu Du, MD, PhD, Yang Lv, MSc, Jun Zhang, MSc, Wei Xiong, MSc, Ruiqiang Wang, MSc, Rui Liu, MSc, Guizhen Zhang, MD, PhD, and Qinyi Liu, MD, PhD.
- Epidural Blood Patch for the Treatment of Spontaneous and Iatrogenic Orthostatic Headache
Yun So, MD, Jung Min Park, MD, Pil-moo Lee, MD, Cho Long Kim, MD, Cheolhan Lee, PhD, and Jae Hun Kim, MD, PhD.
- Lower Learning Difficulty and Fluoroscopy Reduction of Transforaminal Percutaneous Endoscopic Lumbar Discectomy with an Accurate Preoperative Location Method
Guoxin Fan, MD, Xin Gu, MD, Yifan Liu, MD, Xinbo Wu, MD, Hailong Zhang, MD, Guangfei Gu, MD, Xiaofei Guan, MD, and Shisheng He, MD.
- Fluoroscopic Sacroiliac Joint Injection: Is Oblique Angulation Really Necessary?
Sandeep Khuba, MD, Anil Agarwal, MD, Sujeet Gautam, MD, and Sanjay Kumar, MD.
- The Safety of CT-Guided Epidural Steroid Injections in an Older Patient Cohort
Andrew J. Fenster, BS, Kevin Fernandes, BS, Alan L. Brook, MD, and Todd Miller, MD.
- Ganglion Cyst at the Proximal Tibiofibular Joint in a Patient with Painless Foot Drop
Abdulmuhsen Alsahhaf, MD, and Waleed Renno, PhD.