Editor-in-Chief: Kaye David Alan, MD, PhD
Managing Editor: Bert Fellows, MA
Pain Physician is a bi-monthly journal, the official publication of the American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians (ASIPP).
Pain Physician is a peer-reviewed, multi-disciplinary journal written by and directed to an audience of interventional pain physicians, clinicians and basic scientists with an interest in interventional pain management and pain medicine.
Pain Physician presents the latest studies, research, and information vital to those in the emerging specialty of interventional pain management – and critical to the people they serve.
Current issue highlights: (July 2015, Volume 18, Issue 4)
- Celebrating the Life of Alon P. Winnie, MD, Regional Anesthesia and Pain Management Icon
Kenneth D. Candido, MD.
- The Tragedy of the Implementation of ICD-10-CM as ICD-10: Is the Cart Before the Horse or Is There a Tragic Paradox of Misinformation and Ignorance?
Health Policy Review
Alan D. Kaye, MD, PhD, Laxmaiah Manchikanti, MD, Vijay Singh, MD, and Mark V Boswell, MD, PhD.
- A Best-Evidence Systematic Appraisal of the Diagnostic Accuracy and Utility of Facet (Zygapophysial) Joint Injections in Chronic Spinal Pain
Devi E Nampiaparampil, MD, Sachin Sunny Jha, MD, MS, Sanjeeva Gupta, MD, Christopher G. Gharibo, MD, Sanjay Bakshi, MD, Laxmaiah Manchikanti, MD, Alan D. Kaye, MD, PhD, Mark V Boswell, MD, PhD, Thomas T. Simopoulos, MD, and Joshua A. Hirsch, MD.
- A Systematic Review and Best Evidence Synthesis of the Effectiveness of Therapeutic Facet Joint Interventions in Managing Chronic Spinal Pain
Manohar Lal Sharma, MD, Devi E Nampiaparampil, MD, Dharam P Mann, MD, Sachin Sunny Jha, MD, MS, Sanjeeva Gupta, MD, Jay S. Grider, DO, PhD, Vahid Grami, MD, Christopher G. Gharibo, MD, Sanjay Bakshi, MD, Mark V Boswell, MD, PhD, Alan D. Kaye, MD, PhD, Laxmaiah Manchikanti, MD, Lindsay` N. Shroyer, MD, Vijay Singh, MD, Amol Soin, MD, Ricardo Vallejo, MD, PhD, Bradley W. Wargo, DO, and Joshua A. Hirsch, MD.
- MiDAS ENCORE: Randomized Controlled Study Design and Protocol
Peter S. Staats, MD, and Ramsin M. Benyamin, MD.
- Anatomical Flow Pattern of Contrast in Lumbar Epidural Space: A Human Study with a Midline vs. Parasagittal Interlaminar Approach under Fluoroscopy
Badiozaman Radpey, MD, S. Morteza Kazemi, MD, Seyed Amir Mohajerani, MD, PhD, Morteza Kazempour Mofrad, MD, Masoud Hashemi, MD, and Alireza Zali, MD.
- Whitacre Needle Reduces the Incidence of Intravascular Uptake in Lumbar Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injections
JiHee Hong, MD, PhD, Sungwon Jung, MD, PhD, and Hyuckwon Chang, MD, PhD.
- Palpation Versus Ultrasound-Guided Acromioclavicular Joint Intra-articular Corticosteroid Injections: A Retrospective Comparative Clinical Study
Woo Yong Lee, MD, Jae Ki Ahn, MD, Yongbum Park, MD, Tai Kon Kim, MD, Jihae Lee, MD, and Ki Deok Park, MD, PhD.
- Thoracic Epidural Blood Patches in the Treatment of Spontaneous Intracranial Hypotension: A Retrospective Case Series
Helmut Galligioni, MD, Stefania Barbieri, MD, Paolo Feltracco, MD, and Carlo Ori, MD.
- Rationale for Prospective Assays of Intrathecal Mixtures Including Morphine, Ropivacaine and Ziconotide: Prevention of Adverse Events and Feasibility in Clinical Practice
Helene Kieffer, PharmD, François Bore, MD, Pierre Yves Dubois, MD, Nathalie Lebrec, MD, Caroline Folliard, PharmD, Catherine Devys, PharmD, Christophe Bazin, PharmD, and Denis Dupoiron, MD.
- Full-Endoscopic Technique Discectomy Versus Microendoscopic Discectomy for the Surgical Treatment of Lumbar Disc Herniation
Huilin Yang, MD, Mao Li, MD, and Qun Yang, MD.
- Sympathetic Block as a New Treatment for Lymphedema
Francis Sahngun Nahm, MD, Eunjoo Choi, MD, and Pyung-Bok Lee, MD, PhD.
- Comparison between Balloon Kyphoplasty and Short Segmental Fixation Combined with Vertebroplasty in the Treatment of Kümmell’s Disease
Liang Chen, MD, Renbin Dong, MD, Yong Gu, MD, and Yu Feng, MD.
- Plasma Exchange Therapy in Patients with Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
Andreas Goebel, MD, PhD, Guillermo M Alexander, PhD, John R. Grothusen, PhD, Robert J. Schwartzman, MD, and Enrique Aradillas, MD.
- Pathogenesis, Diagnosis, and Treatment of Cervical Vertigo
Yongchao Li, MD, and Baogan Peng, MD, PhD.
- Do Acute and Chronic Pain Patients Differ on Affirmation of One Aspect of Pain Acceptance? Acknowledgement that a Cure Is Unlikely
John E. Lewis, PhD, Laura J. Meyer, PhD, Daniel Bruns, PsyD, David A. Fishbain, MD, Jinrun Gao, MS, MBA, and John M. Disorbio, EdD.
- Prescription Opioid Use, Harms and Interventions in Canada: A Review Update of New Developments and Findings since 2010
Yoko Murphy, BA, Elliot M. Goldner, MD, and Benedikt Fischer, PhD.
- Tramadol, Pharmacology, Side Effects, and Serotonin Syndrome: A Review
Alan D. Kaye, MD, PhD, Adam M Kaye, PharmD, and Burton D. Beakley, MD.
- Tanshinone IIA Attenuates Chronic Pancreatitis-Induced Pain in Rats via Downregulation of HMGB1 and TRL4 Expression in the Spinal Cord
Kun Wang, MD, Alan D. Kaye, MD, PhD, Lei Chen, MD, PhD, Zi-quan Liu, MD, PhD, Jie Zhang, MD, Ying Kang, MD, Li-hua Wang, MD, Yuan-Yuan Li, MD, and Ye-song Wang, MD.
- Clostridium Sacroiliitis (Gas Gangrene) Following Sacroiliac Joint Injection – Case Report and Review of the Literature
Dipti Ghatol, MD, Lakshmi N Kurnutala, MD, and Aman Upadhyay, MD.